Industry Engagement Officer NSW
- Engage with passionate people across industry and vocational education
- Highly regarded organisation with an excellent industry engagement practices and reputation
- Can be located anywhere in NSW with regular travel throughout NSW
We are currently seeking a NSW based and focused Industry Engagement Officer to join our team. Working with the NSW Executive Officer, the Industry Engagement Officer works predominantly to help Skills Impact deliver outcomes, intelligence and support for industry and the Vocational Education and Training (VET) system in NSW. The responsibilities of the role may shift to meet changing priorities but can be expected to include activities under three broad roles:
- Undertake, analyse and communicate the results of Industry Engagement
- Deliver reports to government outlining industry views and proposals, Training Package project delivery, NSW apprenticeships and traineeships and Smart & Skilled program opportunities
- Provide high quality secretariat services to formal Industry Advisory Committees.
The Industry Engagement Officer will need to possess or rapidly develop specialist industry knowledge focused on industry structures, key organisations and people. They have responsibility for building strong and effective relationships with key stakeholders in NSW relevant to allocated industries and the VET system.
To be successful in this role you should have the following:
- Proven ability to identify, develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience in gathering industry intelligence, identify emerging trends and predict affects (on future training).
- Excellent communication skills, especially engagement skills for industry meetings and writing skills to support an extensive level of report, agenda, minute and industry analysis documentation.
- An understanding of the vocational education and training (VET) system and training package development framework, and/or knowledge relating to the industry sectors covered by Skills Impact.
How to apply:
Applications can be made through Seek and should include a cover letter and a CV. The cover letter (no more than 3 pages) should provide an outline of why you are keen to work with Skills Impact and how your skills and experience relate to the role requirements outlined in the Position Description. Only people with current rights to live and work in Australia are eligible for this role.
Please read the Position Description prior to applying for the role.
Why work for us?
If you care about occupational skills standards and their role in the training and development of Australia’s workforce, Skills Impact could be a good fit for you. Join a team of dedicated people working with industry, government and registered training organisations to improve Australia’s vocational qualifications and skills standards. With work environments constantly changing, up to date training is essential for passing on the skills employees’ need to stay safe and productive.
Who should apply?
Skills Impact is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. While many of our staff have come from the sectors we work with or the education system, their experience covers a wide range of roles and industries and they bring with them skills that we need in our work. They share an adaptable, inquisitive and conscientious approach to their work and a commitment to open and respectful collaboration. The ideal candidate for any role at Skills Impact would share these traits, supporting our commitment to working in ways that are trustworthy, flexible and transparent.
You can read more about our team here.