We are currently recruiting for the following roles. To view and apply for the roles on SEEK please click the links below.
Project Manager – Training Package Development
- Do you have a passion for project management?
- Experience in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector
- 12 month contract with possible extension
Do you want to build your skills in an organisation that is at the heart of change for a diverse range of Australian industries? Do you have and a passion to ensure the training for future students have the necessary skills and knowledge for jobs of today and the future? Then this role is for you!
Your role will be to work within a team of project managers who are responsible for training package development. The team are responsible for ensuring both quality and contractual requirements for training packages set out in Standards for Training Packages 2012. You will work with Industry Facilitation Managers (IFMs) to ensure that all training package materials are completed to standard within time and scope and meets industry’s needs. This role will see you working with key industry stakeholders and you will be a leader in quality control for training packages in the VET sector skills standards space.
Project Manager – Training Package Development
The Project Manager – Training Package Development, reports and is accountable to the Training Package Portfolio Manager but operates with a degree of autonomy in co-ordinating projects identified and funded in work plans. You will have responsibility for developing and managing projects from conceptualisation, design, management, monitoring and reporting through to successful outcomes.
The position operates within a complex stakeholder environment. It requires a high level of understanding of the VET sector, its products, the collaborative relationships which underpin its functioning and the role of the key players, including industry, governments, providers and representatives of client groups.
You will need to be adaptable and responsive to change, able to manage competing and changing priorities and set your own work schedules to deliver outcomes. It is essential that the position uses Skills Impact’s systems and processes to perform work including use of the project management, content management and stakeholder engagement systems.
- Manage allocated projects including, planning, monitoring and managing resources, systems and procedures to timelines and produce progress reports as required.
- Manage external consultants for particular projects and allocate their workloads to ensure activities are completed within agreed timeframes.
- Undertake workplace functional analyses for specific occupational groupings consulting with industry, mapping out work functions and skills required, and preparing reports.
- Provide advice to stakeholders throughout projects regarding compliance with relevant standards for training package development.
- Undertake internal editing of training package materials according to specific requirements, including preparation of editing and equity reports and cases for endorsement.
- Work collaboratively with IFMs, and other Skills Impact staff, to ensure that training package work is submitted for endorsement in a timely manner.
- Produce materials to support development and implementation of training packages including companion volumes, guides for writers and other related documents.
- Quality check the work performed by consultants to ensure that the work is to the required standard.
The position will involve some intra and interstate travel.
To be successful in this role you should have the following:
- Demonstrated high level ability to support, conceptualise, design and manage projects through to successful outcomes
- Record of achieving results against performance indicators and within scope and timeframes
- Team player with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships and communicate and negotiate persuasively, both orally and in writing, with a diverse range of people both internally and externally
- Extensive experience in proofreading and editing.
- Proven ability to plan, design, research, write and author a range of training materials including companion volumes and other materials, in required format with attention to detail, excellent grammar and punctuation
- A record of adaptability and effective management of change, an ability to be self-manage and to work and as a member of a team to solve problems and deliver outcomes.
- Demonstrated understanding of the national vocational and technical education system, its stakeholders and clients, and its role in shaping Australia’s skills development, including working knowledge of relevant standards and policies
- Sound knowledge and skills in computer applications, including content management systems, word processing, spreadsheets, project management, databases, presentations and email.
How to apply:
Applications close on Friday 27 July 2018
To view and apply for the role on SEEK please click here.
Please contact us if you have any queries or require further information.