You’re invited to provide feedback on the final draft units of competency and skill sets for the Meat Processing Project. These will be available on our website for validation and feedback until 23 January 2019.
Validation means checking and confirming that the documents are logical and factually accurate. We would appreciate your views on whether the final draft units and skill sets accurately reflect the current industry skills standards, knowledge and practices and whether all job functions are accurately described.
You’re encouraged to provide comment on as many of the draft documents as are relevant to you. Please feel free to share them with others who may be interested.
As part of this project, 11 new units and three new skill sets were developed to address skills gaps across the following areas:
- Animal Health Data Collection
- Operation and management of biogas facilities in a processing plant
- Improving meat quality (by identifying secondary sexual characteristics in beef)
- Conduct a workplace incident investigation
- Preparation of market reports for sheep and beef
- Food-safe pest control management
- Development of a new unit is TACCP and VACCP
- Material handling through traceability of products.