Industry has the opportunity to nominate to be a member of the Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical Industry Reference Committee (IRC) for skills.
The Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical IRC for skills, on behalf of industry, is responsible for overseeing the development of occupation and skill standards and qualifications that make up the FDF10 Food Processing Training Package.
The Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) is calling for nominations for the following vacant positions:
- 5 Individual industry expert positions
- 2 positions from food processing and manufacturing
- 1 position from beverage manufacturing
- 1 position from livestock and pet feed manufacturing
- 1 position from pharmaceutical and nutraceutical product manufacturing
- 9 Organisational positions (organisations can nominate an individual to represent that organisation)
- 1 position is allocated to a representative from the Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology Ltd
- 4 positions for individuals from organisations in the food processing and manufacturing sector
- 3 positions for individuals from organisations in the beverage manufacturing sector
- 1 position for individuals from organisations in the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical product manufacturing sector
The membership and structure of all 70 IRCs are currently being reviewed in a process established by the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC), on behalf of the Australian Government.
This call for nominations follows consultation with the industry about the structure of the IRC.
Nominations for membership will close COB Friday 14 October 2016.
Visit the AISC website for further details and instructions on how to nominate.