You are invited to review draft qualifications, skill sets and units of competency for the seafood and aquaculture industry.
Your input is important for the future of training, and therefore industry skills, safety and productivity. It is important that these documents reflect real work experience.
We are seeking your feedback on whether these documents reflect current industry skills standards, knowledge and practices and whether all job functions are accurately described.
They have been reviewed and developed as part of two projects:
- Aquaculture, Fishing Operations & Biosecurity Project – incorporating skills to address changes in technology, legislative and regulatory requirements and environmental sustainability and management. The project also includes a review of qualifications and units directly related to biosecurity, in areas such as infection control, imports, exports, diseases and management.
- Seafood Post Harvest Project – incorporating skills to address changes in distribution, processing, storage, fishing and environmental management.
The draft qualifications, skill sets and units will be available on the Skills Impact website for feedback until 19 August 2018.
Please follow the links to the project webpages below.
Aquaculture, Fishing Operations & Biosecurity Project
Seven revised qualifications, seven skill sets and 74 units of competency are now available for broad stakeholder review and feedback.
Seafood Post Harvest Project
Three revised qualifications, two skill sets and 28 units of competency are now available for broad stakeholder review and feedback.
How to Provide Feedback
On the project webpages you have several options for submitting your feedback:
- via our new feedback hub;
- register for a face-to-face consultation workshop or webinar;
- or, by email.
Read on for further details about the new feedback hub.
About the New Feedback Hub
We have launched a new feedback hub to make it easier for you to provide feedback and to facilitate greater transparency around stakeholder feedback. With this new tool you will be able to login and make comments on the draft documents directly, as well as respond to other people’s comments. Each user will be assigned a unique ID number so your identity will not be public, however your feedback and comments will be available for other users to see.
To provide feedback using the new feedback hub, please follow these steps:
- Visit the project webpage, following the links above.
- Find and view the draft document(s) you would like to review by clicking on the expandable document menus.
- Click the ‘view and provide feedback’ link next to the relevant qualification, skill set or unit you would like to view and comment on.
- You will be asked to register or login, please follow the prompts.
Once logged in, you will be able to post feedback directly on the document. (Note that there are ‘User Instructions’ that you can refer to).