You are invited to review new units of competency and skill sets for meat processing.
We are seeking your feedback on whether the draft units and skill sets reflect the current skills standards and practices of industry, and whether job functions are accurately described.
Eleven new units and three new skill sets have been drafted to address skills gaps across the following areas:
- Animal Health Data Collection
- Operation and management of biogas facilities in a processing plant
- Improving meat quality (by identifying secondary sexual characteristics in beef)
- Conduct a workplace incident investigation
- Preparation of market reports for sheep and beef
- Food-safe pest control management
- Development of a new unit is TACCP and VACCP
- Material handling through traceability of products
The draft units and skill sets will be available for feedback until 19 November 2018.
Your Feedback will inform the work on the final drafts which will be available for industry validation in November 2018.
How to Provide Feedback
The drafts can be downloaded on the project webpage. You then have two options for submitting your feedback:
- online via our new feedback hub;
- or, by email.
Visit the project webpage for further details.