This project is underway to review occupational skills standards and units of competency to improve safety, quality and consistency in the delivery of equine training.
It will impact the ACM Animal Care and Management; AHC Agriculture, Horticulture, and Conservation and Land Management; AMP Australian Meat Processing; and RGR Racing Training Packages.
The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) and Expert Working Groups (view membership here) are currently seeking feedback on the content of 156 units of competency, including three proposed new units.
The draft units will be available on the Skills Impact website for stakeholder consultation until Friday 31 March.
A series of face-to-face workshops are being arranged for those who would like to provide feedback on the draft units in person. Please click here for further details and to register your interest for these free workshops.
- TAS, Hobart (21 March, 10:00am – 12:00pm)
- VIC, Mornington (22 March, 10:00am – 12:30pm)
- WA, Perth (24 March, 10:00am – 12:00pm)
- NSW, Scone (27 March, 3:00pm – 6:00pm)
- SA, Adelaide (28 March, 2:00pm – 5:00pm)
- QLD, Townsville (March, date and time TBA)
Please feel free to register your interest to keep informed of project updates.