Skills Impact is one of five SSOs who have received funding from the Commonwealth to support Industry Reference Committees (IRCs) in the review and development of training products, including skills standards and qualifications.
IRCs work with industry to ensure skills standards and qualifications reflect their existing and emerging workforce development needs.
SSOs are accountable for providing technical, operational and secretariat services to enable their IRCs to undertake their industry engagement and training package development and review activities.
We provide support services to the following IRCs:
- Rural and Related Industries Standing Committee
- Meat Industry Standing Committee
- Food Beverage and Pharmaceutical Standing Committee
- Racing Industry Standing Committee
- Seafood Industry Standing Committee
- Forestry and Timber Skills and Employment Council
- Forestry and Timber New South Wales Skills and Training Advisory Committee
- Forestry and Timber Victorian Skills and Training Advisory Committee
- Forestry and Timber South Australian Skills and Training Advisory Committee
- Forestry and Timber Tasmanian Skills and Training Advisory Committee
- Pulp and Paper Manufacturing Industry Skills and Training Advisory Committee
We support these IRCs to perform the following functions:
- Gather information from industry about current skills gaps, concerns and opportunities to inform the development and review of skills standards and qualifications.
- Develop industry proposals, business cases and cases for endorsement for various projects to improve current industry skills standards and qualifications.
Draft skills standards and qualifications