Skills Impact has been funded by the Australian Government to undertake a cross-sectoral project that will review current and emerging developments in automated processes. The project will examine the workforce skilling implications and identify related skills needs shared by multiple industry sectors in relation to the use of robotics, drones and remote operation systems.
Project deliverables will be:
- A scoping report to define automation relevant to multiple industry sectors
- Identification of skills suitable for codification as units of competency, skills sets or qualifications that are common across multiple industries
- A report on skill needs and training package implications (units, skill sets, qualifications)
- A detailed Case for Change.
Skills Impact will work collaboratively with industry stakeholders to:
- Define automation within the scope of this project
- Compile research on current and future needs for automation
- Consult with industry to identify and validate common skills across industry areas
- Identify training package components (units, skill sets, qualifications) that need to be developed, modified, adapted or removed
- Develop a Case for Change.
The resulting Case for Change will analyse cross industry automation skill areas in the light of existing training packages to identify gaps and areas of duplication. The analysis will identify existing sector-specific competencies that could be adapted for use across industries. Analysis will also identify opportunities for the development of new cross-industry units of competency, skill sets or qualifications.
Opportunities for stakeholder input:
Skills Impact is working in co-operation with other SSOs to ensure the project is informed by perspectives and insights from across all industries. The project is being guided by a project reference group (PRG) with membership drawn from Industry Reference Committees (IRCs) with an interest in the outcomes of the project.
To tell us how automation will impact your organisation and the skills required by your workforce, please complete the short online survey linked below.
Tell us how automation will impact your organisation
Register your interest in the project
By registering your interest, you will be informed of project updates.